Recently we had the opportunity to sample Tibor reels and needless to say, we were blown away by the engineering and craftsmanship found in these reels.
The Tibor series of reels were first introduced in 1995 and have established themselves as the benchmark for custom-crafted fly reels. After years of development and input from the likes of Lefty Kreh and Flip Pallot, Tibor has become a household name in the world of saltwater fly reels.
The spool’s large arbor design significantly enhances the rate of line retrieval, which is critical when you’re trying to control bursting fish like bonefish, bonito, or wahoo. Tibor Reels are also a mainstay for Spey enthusiasts, delivering the ultimate balance, overall capacity and drag performance for the double-handed rod.
As with all of Ted’s reels, the drag system is absolutely flawless and has withstood the test of the world’s most demanding game fish, including over 350 World Records so far. If you were to own only one fly reel, this is the one to have.
- Large outer hub diameters offer quick retrieve, even when the backing is low.
- Hard coated, aluminum Main Gear means minimal heat build-up and great strength. Both the Main Gear and Spool rotate flawlessly on three sealed precision, ceramic Ball Bearings
- An impregnated Cork Drag Disc is the smoothest and strongest in the industry.
- Open hubbed, perforated Spool and Drum allow the Reel to remain cool during scorching runs and outer holes act as a tippet keeper.
- The Detended Drag Adjustment Knob is smooth and positive.
- Triple outgoing line signals are easily removable for silent operation.
- Lightweight to balance with modern fly rods and reduce casting fatigue.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum.
- Our delrin handle offers positive gripping and quick release – The Gulfstream and Pacific come standard with our Gorilla Handle.
- SpeedHandle Spooloption available.
- Comes with an extra thick neoprene case for easy storage and transportation.
- Finishes: Frost Silver, Frost Black, Satin Gold, Jet Black, Royal Blue, Crimson, Graphite Gray & Aqua.
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection. The serial # is located at the top of the frame by the reel stand.
- Available in 4 sizes.
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.
For more information, reel sizes and specifications, check out: https://www.tiborreel.com/tibor/
Colorado Fly Fishing Reports